Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sleepy Time


Annabelle didn't do a very good job of it tonight. She's usually pretty good (thanks goodness!), falling mostly asleep during her nighttime bottle and then going right out when you put her down.
BUT
Try to put her down when she's still wide awake? Start the countdown to meltdown: 5, 4, 3.... Which is what happened tonight. We tried, I sang and patter her tummy. Jimmy sang and patted her tummy. But she kept going. I finally caved and did something I advise my parents not to do unless they wanna start doing it everynight. I warmed her another bottle (we all know damn well she wasn't hungry) and picked her up ::::gasp:::: and rocked her. She drank about one ounce out of that bottle then smiled at me and started singing- DAMNIT! Annabelle- 10, mommy- 0
Needless to say she eventually got drowsy, 20 minues later, and peacefully passed out in the crib. I always knew telling parents that crying it out/ helping to self sooth was easier said than done but man oh man I didn't think it was going to be that hard!
Peacefully sleeping at like 2mos

V



No comments:

Post a Comment