Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jealousy

Someone close to me is being induced today- they are having a baby girl. I am very happy for their new little family but at the same time, so very jealous.  Jealous of the anticipation, jealous of going through labor (yes indeed I am, I never got to experience it and have the Hubs rub my back and all the feelings that go with it), jealous of those last few pushes when you know she's almost there, jealous that my baby wasn't immediately placed on my belly for me to hold and BF right away, jealous that I worry about all the things the future holds (or doesn't hold) for my little girl.

I would not wish anything less than the perfect delivery for anyone and would never want anything like what we're dealing with for anyone, but I'm still jealous. And have a big 'ol knot in the pit of my stomach.


A few days before our scheduled induction, when we were blissfully unaware of what was really going on in that belly of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment