Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pukiness

Tahehe, medical terms? yeah right, I'm a pediatrician I talk in "mommy terms"...

Alright so pukiness + toddler = totally normal viral gastro. Still a big boo and not fun but when your kid has hydrocephalus and is not shunted and daycare calls and is all like "She seemed totally fine, running around playing then (((bleck))) twice. But don't worry she's back to running around and playing"... no fever, no being clingy, no diarrhea. It makes me nervous. A symptom of increased pressure in the beautiful big head of hers would be vomiting.

Got her home from daycare yesterday and she was her super cute normal self, lotsa kisses and hugs too for mama. But then she took a lil nap with her daddy and when I went to get her up a bit later she immediately puked on me. Totally fine and smiley afterwards.  Then I was a bad mommy and pedi and let her gobble down her veggies for dinner (she asked for them!) but then even worse she pounded her sippy of water (oh she's gonna be fun tailgating someday)... and there it was again, although this time she was pissed about it. This was immediately followed by bath and cuddle/story time

All logic and reason and medical training points to the 'ol viral gastro as being the culprit here and I'll be totally honest when she felt a bit warm last night I was hiphip-horay'ing in my head. Didn't actually take a temp 'cause she was out after story time.  She was a bit fussy overnight and is still sleeping now (late for her) but to be totally honest I'll be doing a huge happy dance once she starts in on the big 'ol poopy diapers, I'll even take the blow-outs (who asks for that?)

And you thought you were a neurotic mama.... ;-)

Finding Easter eggs in the back yard- greatest toddler entertainment EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment